Our Teen Ministry Programs Are for 6th-12th Graders Interested in . . .
- Exploring spiritual principles and discovering truths about themselves
- Understanding how the stories in the Bible can be applied to life today
- Making meaningful connections and friendships in a youth group that provides an opportunity for fun activities
- Honoring and supporting others on the spiritual path they’ve chosen
- A safe place to go where they can share whatever they need to talk about or explore and know it will be kept confidential and held in prayerful support
to help teens & adults create together a loving community to support each others spiritual exploration, practices, and transformation.
Adults & teens in partnership, creating a loving community that:
- Engages each individual in their own spiritual self-discovery
- Encourages a greater understanding of the Bible from a Unity perspective
- Explores Truth principles and their relevance
- Invites greater self-awareness and expression of their Oneness with God
- Encourages authenticity and openness in all exploration and
- Equips individuals with diverse spiritual practices and tools
Statement of Purpose is
We create together today a loving community to further each individual's spiritual exploration, practices, and transformation.
What I Love About Our Teen Program at Unity
Everything about Uniteens is amazing. I love everything about it like the sponsors, all the outings, and the fact that I can be myself. Everyone accepts me for who I am and I accept everyone. I’ve noticed that I don’t judge people as much as I did before Uniteens. I learned that everyone is different in their own way and that’s ok. The people in Uniteens are a part of my extended family. They are like my brothers and sisters. We all just connect.
The spiritual lessons are great and the methods they use to teach everything is great. We never just sit down and listen to them talk. We always have an activity to do that involves the lesson. Sometimes they make us do stuff that’s out of our comfort zone but it’s actually really good for us. We all get to speak our minds about what we think and there is no judging at all. We are all pretty much family and we support each other through everything. Uniteens has really helped my self-esteem. I used to be really shy but now I’m open and not afraid to be who I am inside.
The retreats are remarkable. You get to meet other kids who go to other Unity churches. I have friends from Las Vegas and California that I met at winter camp and summer camp. These camps are just so helpful in life because you learn more about yourself and who you are inside. We have a thing called “heart talk” and that’s a time when you get with your cabin and just let everything that’s in your mind out (every ends up crying). That’s how I got closer with some of my friends because I learned that I could trust them. Whenever you just need someone to talk to, our wonderful sponsors are there to talk to you.
Sometimes when my mom is too tired to go to church I have to beg her to take me and I have to get her out of bed. Uniteens is such a breathtaking experience and I know I will never forget about all my “gleemazing” experiences, friends, and the sponsors.
Y.O.U. is an amazing experience. It's much different than school. There are no cliques; just a big giant group of caring people. Class is fun; we learn a lot, and there's complete confidentiality for everything we discuss. It's a great way to become spiritually aware and connect with friends. And we have a lot of great outings!"