Progress Update on Vision 2020 Plans
With faith, focus and passion, we are moving forward with the implementation of Phase 1 of Vision 2020!
We are so grateful for the commitment and generosity of our Unity family!
It is exciting to put our faith in action, honor God, fulfill our mission, and deepen our connection as we develop plans to better serve the spiritual needs of our church family and growing community. The first phase of the master plan for Vision 2020 is becoming a reality.
Our church will be a place where children, families and seniors feel nurtured and can participate in fun and fulfilling activities that feed their minds, bodies and spirits. We will create a place where our greater community will feel welcomed and can think of as home.
Overall, Phase 1 will enrich and improve all aspects of our ministry — especially our feeling of connection and community — all within a beautiful setting. The components of Phase 1 include:
Restructuring our loan and reducing our debt;
- Developing a maintenance and repair fund for our existing facilities;
- Landscaping and beautifying our campus.
- Building a multi-use Chapel/Fellowship Hall to address our much needed space concerns;
Many components of Phase I have already been completed!
- Refinance of loan completed in March 2012, with a savings of $207,480
- New, updated digital sound system was installed in our Sanctuary, August 2012
- New, brighter LED lighting system has been installed in the sanctuary
- Sunscreens and new A/C system is reducing our energy costs.
- We are on track to finish our 2011-2012 fiscal year on budget
- Two plus months of reserves are in the bank, and
- We are approaching our first anniversary of our Building the Dream capital campaign with $976,000+ in cash and $1.6 million in pledges.
We are so blessed by the generosity of our givers! Look for the announcement of ground breaking soon. In the months ahead we will begin construction.
Building our Dream will continue to require a commitment from our entire community. We are asking you to make an investment in our ministry, an investment in our vision, an investment over and above your regular contributions to Unity of Phoenix. If you are already giving, thank you! We have committed to pay as we go, so please consider accelerating your donation, so we may move forward with construction faster. If you have not yet given, join those who have and make a donation or pledge today. You can donate or pledge on line or completing a pledge card and place it in the yellow Vision 2020 envelop.
Now is the time to move toward our vision. Scripture reminds us, “Where there is no vision, people perish.” Having a vision moves us forward and lifts us to another level. Individuals, families, communities, corporations and churches that thrive are the ones who look ahead and have a plan for something greater.
Unity of Phoenix is a strong, stable, spiritual community that is ready for the next step ... ready to expand our consciousness, and further God’s will and work through our ministry.
Let us join together now in celebrating our progress in building community and connectedness at Unity of Phoenix by Fulfilling our Vision and Building Our Dream!