Strategic Plan - 2011/2012
We envision a world filled with spiritually centered people working together in peace and love to create heaven on earth.
Unity of Phoenix is a loving spiritual community that welcomes all people and honors all paths to God. We are dedicated to transforming lives by inspiring and awakening individuals to discover God’s Spirit within them.
Love, Prayer, Diversity, Service, Community
Spiritual Growth Objective #1
A Sunday morning experience that inspires congregants into a greater awareness of God’s Power within the
- Goal #1: Develop well-planned integrated themes and series, including special music and guest speakers that uplifts, inspires and supports the spiritual growth of the congregation
- Goal #2: Clarify, articulate and demonstrate UOP’s branding/tagline/message throughout our ministry
- Goal #3: Engage the congregation in the spiritual purpose, meaning and benefits of fulfilling Vision 2020
Spiritual Growth Objective #2
A quality spiritual education that supports and encourages participants in their spiritual growth, development and enrichment
- Goal #1: Have classes that deepen our connection to God and our understanding and application of Spiritual Principles
- Goal #2: Develop a prayer consciousness through experiential prayer classes on a variety of meditation practices
- Goal #3: Utilize prominent speakers to inspire and uplift our congregation and community spiritually – 3 Events per year
Spiritual Growth Objective #3
Manifest a congregant-wide consciousness of prosperity
- Goal #1: Have Sunday services that speak into prosperity
- Goal #2: Create and teach a prosperity class to replace 4T's
- Goal #3: Communicate prosperity principles in various media outlets
Spiritual Growth Objective #4
Provide a spiritually enriching program that calls out the greatness within each child and family
- Goal #1: Continue to teach classes that are spiritually meaningful/beneficial for the spiritual growth of our children/families
- Goal #2: Enhance our volunteer base to further support current and future Y&F programs and services
- Goal #3: Create a greater sense of connection and community between adult and youth
Spiritual Growth Objective #5
Enhance and maintain an active Prayer Chaplain Program
- Goal #1: Double the number of active Prayer Chaplains in order to support the members with an active Prayer Chaplain Program
- Goal #2: Ensure that Prayer Chaplains make a connection with their members
Community Objective #1
Increase the sense of connectedness with our congregation
- Goal #1: Increase involvement, connection, ownership and retention of our current and new members
- Goal #2: Increase the number of participants in small group programs and evaluate potential small groups
- Goal #3: Create and support Prayer/Mastermind groups and invite participation
- Goal #4: Plan and execute a minimum of 2 major social events
Community Objective #2
Increased ownership in Unity of Phoenix
- Goal #1: Retain and increase current and new congregant ownership by 20%
- Goal #2: Analyze volunteering, tithing, and attendance trends to evaluate and determine ownership
- Goal #3: Survey congregation to ask ‘What would make you feel more connected?’ ‘What UOP can do to better serve your community needs?’
Community Objective #3
Maintain a vibrant courtyard experience that inspires a sense of community in all congregants and visitors to the Unity of Phoenix campus
- Goal #1: Plan and execute a minimum of 4 events yearly
- Goal #2: Enhance the Ambassador program to engage congregants
- Goal #3: Increase our consciousness of connection from our staff to our volunteers to engage congregants and help them connect in courtyard and throughout our ministry
Community Objective #4
Support congregants during life changing events
● Goal #1: Create and maintain an Angels in Action Committee to serve congregants during times of need.
Service Objective #1
Inspire congregants to experience the joy of serving
● Goal #1: Develop a consciousness of service through sharing the spiritual benefits and
blessings of service in services, classes and in printed materials.
● Goal #2: Support congregation in discovering joyful service through our Spiritual Gifts workshop – at least twice a year.
Service Objective #2
Engage congregants to move into volunteering. Enhance the infrastructure to support the growth of the volunteers
● Goal #1: Maintain an ongoing departmental volunteer recruitment and training plan
including ministry-led annual training and an annual volunteer recruitment.
● Goal #2: Maintain a volunteer leader-mentoring program within each volunteer area (e.g., Worship Team, Youth and Family Ministry, Chaplains, Bookstore, Facilities, etc.).
● Goal #3: Create a consciousness of acknowledgement and recognition of volunteers.
● Goal #4: Expand a data collection process to capture relevant information about congregant skills, gifts and interests.
● Goal #5: Continually explore outreach and in-house projects for volunteer participation and to schedule 4 to 6 outreach programs annually.
○ Blood Drive, Habitat for Humanity, Feed the Multitudes, Palomino Project, ICM
Stewardship Objective #1
Enhanced opportunities for leadership development
● Goal #1: Provide a Board of Trustees information session prior to the nominating process
to help members understand Board of Trustee's service on an annual basis in September.
● Goal #2 Provide an annual Board orientation.
● Goal #3: To have a Leadership Development and Support Team to provide annual and ongoing training.
● Goal #4: Conduct quarterly church committee chair meetings to review project progress and educate on the entire strategic plan.
Stewardship Objective #2
Have an endowment program, which will include end of life donations, significant contributions of value and financial instruments of donation
● Goal #1: Quarterly Endowment Presentations to the congregation
● Goal #2: Create an effective follow-up procedure for congregants to name Unity of Phoenix in their estate plan.
● Goal #3: Base line the first year and increase by 10% the following year.
Stewardship Objective #3
Begin implementation of Vision 2020
● Goal #1: Create a time-line for implementation of Phase I of Vision 2020.
● Goal #2: Develop plans and funding for Phase I
● Goal #3: Research options for Assisted Living Facilities for Unity Commons.
● Goal #4: Research options for partnerships with sports groups to put ball fields/recreation facilities on our property.
● Goal #5: Begin fundraising campaign to implement Phase I Vision 2020.
● Goal #6: Create a maintenance schedule and budget for repair and/or replacement of buildings and systems prior to budgeting process for 2011/2012.